Request Early Release
Email Requests for Early Release:
Early Release Requests
- Students will NOT be checked out after 3:05 (8th period) without prior written notice given to the Front Office personnel.
- Please email your early release request to ByronNelsonHS@nisdtx.org or your student may bring a note from you on the morning of the day they require early release. He/she should personally hand the parent note to Attendance personnel and wait to receive their pass.
- We cannot call or page students in their classrooms, the student is expected to show the teacher their pass and leave class at the appropriate time. At this time, our practice is to limit students’ cell phone access during instructional periods, so please communicate in advance.
- We cannot accept phone calls requesting early release.
- Upon receiving an early release email request, a pass will be prepared and waiting in the Attendance Office for your student to pick up during passing periods or during their lunch period. Please be aware that due to the volume of emails we receive, we ask that you send the request no more than 24 hours in advance. We will reply to your email once the request is processed.
- Definite and satisfactory identification (i.e. driver’s license or picture ID) shall be required during the checkout process of the person authorized to take a student from school. Please wait for your student to report to the front office.
- All students will check out in the front office, where the student will scan their ID to depart campus.
- Anyone picking up a student, other than a parent/guardian, must be listed as an Emergency Contact in the student’s file. We must receive written authorization each time.
- In the event of an emergency, the student’s principal and attendance personnel will be notified to approve release. A follow-up written note/email from the parent is expected to confirm the emergency.
- If you are picking up your student during their lunch, athletic or PE period, please have a way to communicate to them that you have arrived to pick them up.
- Byron Nelson High School is a closed campus. Student are prohibited from checking out for lunch. Please be aware if a student is checked out of school to get lunch, then checks back in, they will be issued a tardy, and may be subject to disciplinary actions.