To join Remind 101, text 81010 @bnserve
Click here to view guidelines and updates!
What is the NISD Green Cord Community Service Award Program?
The Green Cord Community Service Award Program is an initiative designed to help high school students gain a sense of community service, pride, and ownership. The program is a way to encourage 9-12 grade students to contribute at least 100 hours of approved community service per school year. Those students meeting the requirements will be recognized as Green Cord award recipients in each high school they complete 100 or more hours.
- Students can be recognized all four years.
- Students meeting and/or exceeding requirements for community service (100 hours/year) will be awarded a certificate and the option to purchase a Green Cord for each year of participation. Students can Letter in Green Cord volunteering.
- Students who receive the Green Cord award all four years will be recognized at the NISD Board of Trustees Awards ceremony each May.
- During senior year, graduates will have the option to purchase a "Green Cord" for each year of achievement (100 hours/year) to wear during the high school graduation ceremony.
How to participate and submit your green cord hours?
We are excited to announce we will be using an online tracking and reporting system for all Green Cord community service hours called x2VOL. This system will allow us to eliminate using Google forms and centralize the information. x2VOL will allow your student to enter their Green Cord hours online at any time, as well as check for any volunteer opportunities (if the campus is notified of opportunities), check hours submitted 24/7, receive reminders about opportunities, and print a service hour log that can be used for college applications.
Information for students to access x2vol
Students Registering for x2VOL for the first time:
- Go to www.x2VOL.com and click JOIN.
- Type in your school name and click SEARCH.
- Type in your Last Name and Student ID number.
- Enter information in the remaining profile fields.
- Set your interests and skills, then click PROCEED.
- Set a password, select your group, and check the required boxes to complete your registration.
- Log in and view your Dashboard.
- Join the Green Cord group for the current year, and begin logging your hours.
- Go to www.x2VOL.com
- Click Login
- Enter email used for x2VOL and password. (If the student doesn't know their x2VOL, they can reset it on the login page.)
when do the 100 hours of community service need to completed?
To be counted toward the annual award, hours must be submitted and verified by April 15, 2023 (no exceptions). Hours can be earned and submitted between May 1, 2022 - April 15, 2023. Hours must be submitted within 30 days of the service. Hours completed during the summer of 2022 must be submitted by September 15, 2022.