Preparation for Graduation 2022
Location and Time of Graduation:
- University of North Texas Coliseum 601 North Texas Boulevard Denton, Texas 76201
- Tuesday, May 31 at 6:00pm
- Ceremony will be livestreamed, with details to come closer to the event.
Other Important Dates for Seniors:
- Prom – May 21, 2022, Omni Hotel, Fort Worth, 7:30-11:00pm
- Royal Awards/Senior Day – May 20, 2022, BNHS Competition Gym, 9:00am
- Senior Sunset – May 25, Bobcat Stadium
- Graduation Practice – May 26, BNHS PAC, 8:40am**
List of Reminders:
Seniors will report to the UNT Coliseum by 4:30pm, Tuesday, May 31.
- Upon arrival, you will line up outside the coliseum by the UNT marquee (west side of the coliseum). There will be a covered awning that leads up to the entrance.
- You must have your name card to enter the holding area. **Name cards will be distributed at Graduation Practice. Your name card includes where you line-up for the ceremony. DO NOT LOSE YOUR NAME CARD!**
- Do not bring cell phones, cameras or purses into the building. You will be asked to take any of these items to your parents/guardians or put them in your car, thus losing your place in line. Any personal items left in the holding area will be disposed of by UNT staff.
- No hangers - you must carry your cap, gown, tassel, and stole(s) into the holding area.
- Each student will go through a metal detector before entering the holding room.
- Once passing through security, you will enter the holding area, where you will put on your cap and gown.
- You will then line up and listen for instructions from Dr. Myers and other members of the administration.
- Only students participating in the ceremony and BNHS staff members are allowed to enter the holding area.
- You will not be allowed to return to the holding room once the ceremony concludes.
Other Important Things to Know:
- Name readers will be divided by last name. If you would like to discuss the pronunciation of your name, please see Mr. Sikon (PAC114) for last names beginning with the letters A-L or Ms. Bramlett (PAC108) for last names beginning with the letters M-Z.
- Jostens will be on site if you have forgotten your tassel. Tassels will be $10 each, cash only.
- Students are not allowed to wear decorated graduation caps. Ceremony regalia includes cap, gown, tassel, and stole(s). If your student is out of dress code, they will not be permitted to walk until the problem has been resolved.
- Tickets are not required for the graduation ceremony. Seating is first come, first serve. There will be another graduation ceremony prior to the BNHS ceremony. *Section 120 is reserved for BNHS Staff members.*
Dress Code for Men:
- A blue, black or white shirt with a collar and tie.
- Dark slacks are preferred (no blue jeans).
- NO tennis shoes or flip flops.
Dress Code for Ladies:
- Dress must comply with NISD dress code.
- If wearing slacks, a dark color is preferred. No blue jeans.
- NO tennis shoes or flip flops.
Behavior during the ceremony is important. All graduates deserve to celebrate their graduation with pride and dignity. Students who choose to deprive their classmates of this honor will be removed from the ceremony. Please encourage family and friends to be respectful as well. Cell phones should be silenced and air horns are not permitted in the coliseum. The UNT Clear bag policy and prohibited items flyer is available on the BNHS webpage. You only graduate from high school once, so let’s make it a special time for everyone.
Once again, after the ceremony concludes, students will not be able to return to the holding room; therefore, do not bring any items in and expect a staff member or administrator to hold it for you.
Arrange to meet your family and friends at a designated gate on the upper concourse. Family and friends will not be allowed on the arena floor, in the holding area, or in the South Tunnel. Parents and friends can be seated anywhere during the ceremony, except for the first fifteen rows in Section 120. These seats are reserved for BNHS Staff members. A map of the UNT Coliseum and campus, including parking, is available on the BNHS webpage.
Live Event Video Productions will be on site recording the ceremony. The link to order a copy of the ceremony is available on the BNHS webpage, under “Graduation”. Flash Photography will be on site to provide professional photos of our graduates. A link to order photos will be posted on the BNHS webpage, once available.
Please note: Our current practice is that if a senior is placed at DAEP, they must complete their placement and return to campus before the last day of school in order to be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony. If a student finishes the year at DAEP, they are not eligible to walk. If your student is placed at DAEP within the last 45 or 30 days of school, graduation will be discussed at the DAEP meeting with your student’s Assistant Principal.